Michelle’s faulty fireplace
One weekend, my husband started a fire in our family room fireplace and fell asleep. I was away for the afternoon with our two young kids. I pulled up the Nest app to see our family room filling with smoke and the flames shooting out from the fireplace. With the extremely cold weather we’d been having in New York, the smoke wasn’t escaping our chimney properly. From my Nest Cam I could hear the smoke alarms in the house beeping and my husband’s cell phone ringing, but he wasn’t answering.
After a minute or so, I called the fire department, and they were quick to respond. I am happy to say there is no damage to our home or my husband! I am afraid to think what would have happened if I didn’t have a Nest Cam in our family room!
We pay for a security company to monitor our house for both break-ins and fire. If our smoke alarm goes off, the fire department should be called to respond. In this case – a true emergency – the alarm company’s trigger to call the fire department failed.
Thank goodness for our Nest Cam! I seriously would put one in every corner of my home if I could!